NEWS & UPDATES
Sarawak Energy Launches "Environment, Occupational Safety And Health (EOSH) Week Campaign"
SARAWAK, MIRI, 18 JUNE 2012 – The Chief Executive Officer of Sarawak Energy Berhad, Mr. Torstein Dale Sjøtveit today launched the Environment, Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Week Campaign 2012 in Miri. The official launch event held in Miri Regional Office will see many activities carried out from 18th June to 22nd June 2012.
Occupational, Safety and Heath (OSH) Week Campaign has been a staple item in Sarawak Energy's annual safety programme. This year however, in line with our focus on caring for the environment, we have added the environment aspect in our campaign. Dubbed as the Environment, Occupational, Safety and Health (EOSH) Week, this corporate wide event is simultaneously launched in all SEB/SESCO's offices in the state of Sarawak, with Miri being the center location of the campaign in hosting the official launch event.
The objectives of the campaign are to increase the awareness and knowledge of Sarawak Energy's employees and contractors on work safety and to promote electrical safety awareness among the public. Therefore, supporting these objectives, Sarawak Energy will be carrying out these activities:
- 'Spot My Car' contest that is opened to public. Lucky winners stand a chance to win attractive prizes.
- Safety talks to schools
- Safety talks to public contractors
- Safety dialogues with SEB/SESCO's contractors
- Distribution of safety flyers and information leaflets to public
- Blood donation drive
- Emergency response drills
- Health talks for employees
- Environmental talk for the employees
Mr. Torstein Dale Sjøtveit, CEO Sarawak Energy said, "Establishing a strong foundation on safety is a must so that our employees and contractors will constantly make conscious effort to strive sustain safety excellence not only in workplace but when serving our customers. Safety must be ingrained in our daily routine and I am happy to see the awareness amongst our employees that are getting more and more visible. For instance, an internal contest amongst Northern Region employees was launched to pick the best design for a safety message billboard and one our staff from the Customer Management, Retail Department, En Rumi bin Mohd Muli won the best design. The billboard is now up in town substation."
Following the launch event below are some of the activities that will be held in Miri:
- Exhibition booths on OSH products and services set up by the following agencies and companies as well as our Skn 6 (Sarawak), 70 RAJD(AW):
- Road Safety Department (Jabatan Keselamatan Jalan Raya)
- Social Security Organisation (SOCSO) [Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO)]
- Kimberly Clark (by Definitive System Sdn Bhd)
- SEB/SESCO in-house Inter-Regional Safety Games that include pole-top rescue, high voltage switching, first aid - CPR, fire fighting competition, scheduled waste management game and safety quiz. These games are organized to promote correct techniques, improve skills and knowledge as well as instilling cooperation and team spirit among the workers.