As part of our commitment to provide a seamless and convenient customer experience, we introduced ‘SEB cares’. This mobile application helps customers easily and quickly manage their consumption and bills. With SEB cares, customers can:
- View and print bills
- Monitor consumption
- Calculate bills
Other bill-related information can be found via the links below:
PAYMENT CHANNEL PAYMENT METHOD Cash Cheque Bank Card Debit Card Credit Card* -Visa/Master/AMEX Sarawak Energy Customer Service Centre ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Kuching Water Board ✓ ✓ Sibu Water Board ✓ ✓ LAKU Management Sdn Bhd ✓ ✓ Dewan Bandaraya Kuching Utara (DBKU) ✓ ✓ Majlis Bandaraya Kuching Selatan (MBKS) ✓ ✓ Majlis Perbandaran Padawan (MPP) ✓ ✓ Sarikei District Council ✓ ✓ Sibu District Council ✓ ✓ Miri City Council ✓ ✓ POS Malaysia ✓ e-pay (M) Sdn Bhd (e-pay) ✓ Agro Bank** ✓ ✓ Bank Simpanan Nasional** ✓ ✓ RHB Bank** ✓ ✓ Bintulu Development Authority ✓ ✓ Sarawak Gas Distribution Sdn Bhd ✓ ✓ H&L Supermarket ✓ePay Authorised Agents ✓Kedai Mesra Petronas ✓7-11 Convenience Outlets ✓
*Terms and Conditions Apply
**Available at Sarawak branches only
- If you have been charged with arrears, we advise you to personally go to the Revenue Protection Unit (RPU) in your region.
- The arrears bill must be paid at a Sarawak Energy Payment Counter.
- A copy of your arrears bill can be obtained at any Sarawak Energy Customer Service Counter for payment.
Change of Billing Address
AMENDMENT OF BILLING ADDRESS
- If the wrong address has been registered on your tax invoice, you may send us a copy of the assessment bill via email/fax, or over our Customer Service Counter, for updating.
- No charges will be incurred for this service.
CHANGE OF POSTAL ADDRESS
- If you would like your bill to be delivered to a different address, you may request for a change of postal address.
- Account owners are required to write a letter to Syarikat SESCO Berhad with the following details:
- Current address and new address
- Contract account number
- Reason for changing the postal address
- A copy of the requestor's identity card
- Companies are required to write in using the company's letterhead
- There will be a charge of RM1.00 per account for every month that the bill is delivered to the postal address that is different from the billing address.
If you wish to adjust your bill, you will need to send us the following info:
- Current meter reading (We require a full picture of the meter on the premises, which shows the meter serial number and meter reading(s), and the meter reading date)
- Contract account number.
- Reason for adjusting the bill.
You may submit these details either at any of our Customer Service Counter, via email to our Customer Care Centre, or via SEB Cares.
- It will take 3 working days to update the meter reading and amend the bill, or
- 7 working days if a Meter Reader is required to confirm the meter reading on-site.
Non-Receipt or Late Receipt of Bill
If you have not received your bill, you may login to SEB Cares to view and/or print your latest bill. You can also obtain a copy of your bill at one of our Customer Service Counters, or call our Customer Care Centre to make an enquiry or report.
LATE PAYMENT CHARGE
A Late Payment Charge (LPC) of 1% will be imposed for every 30 days of non-payment from the invoice date.
LATE PAYMENT SURCHARGE
If the bill remains unpaid on the 90th day from the invoice date, a Late Payment Surcharge (LPS) of RM10 will be imposed.
LOW POWER FACTOR
You are encouraged to use your best efforts in obtaining the highest Power Factor possible in the operation of any of your electrical installations. If the Average Power Factor for any month is found to be:
- Below 0.85 and up to 0.75 lagging – A supplementary charge of 1.5% of the bill for that month for each 0.01 part below 0.85 and up to 0.75 lagging Power Factor will be added to the bill for that month.
- Below 0.75 lagging – In addition to the charge payable under the subparagraph above, a supplementary charge of 3% of the bill for that month for each 0.01 part below 0.75 lagging Power Factor will be added to the bill for that month.
- Maximum Demand is the “billing demand” measured in kW, i.e. the maximum demand registered during the month, 75% of the maximum demand registered during the preceding 11 months, or the contract demand—whichever is higher (contract demand being equal to the estimated maximum demand at the meter point at the time of connection).
- The maximum applied demand for customers who are eligible for the Industrial 1 (I1) or Commercial 1 (C1) tariff class is set at a limit of 1.5MVA.
- For any applied load above 1.5MVA, the customer shall be classified under the demand tariff class C2/C3 or I2/I3 with demand metering.
- Customers are required to complete Form AC-03A and Form AC-03B and submit them via a SESCO-registered electrical consultant. The following details should be clearly indicated in the application form:
- Total Connected Load (kW)
- Estimated Maximum Demand (kW)
- Contract Demand (kW)
- Power Factor for conversion from kVA to kW based on 0.85
- Information on higher demand tariff and billing demand requirements
- The relevant Regional Manager(s) will be responsible for providing approval and ensuring that billing charges are based on the higher demand tariffs, upon completion of the following:
- Relevant application documents, with supporting documents
- Ascertainment of 80% industrial load for industrial premises where the total wattage of lamps and air-conditioning installed for office use shall not exceed 20% of the total wattage of all electrical equipment installed on the premises
UNDERSTANDING YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL
ESTIMATE ELECTRICITY BILL
- Service Tax registration number for Syarikat SESCO Berhad (SESCO)
- Previously known as 'Tax Invoice'
- Account holder's name and mailing address
- Account details: Contract account number, tax invoice number, tax invoice date, billing period, payment due date and collateral deposit amount.
- Details of current month charges
- Reminder and announcement messages
- The address where the meter is installed
- Meter number and consumption details
- Payment receipt, for use by SESCO
HAND HELD ELECTRICITY BILL
For any queries related to your electricity bill, please call 1300-88-3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org