11KV UNDERGROUND CABLE-JOINTING PRACTICES COURSE
TRAINING CODE :
This course aims to upgrade the cable jointers' knowledge on underground cables, the correct jointing techniques, identification of unsafe and incorrect work practices and to prepare the cable jointers for 11kV Cable Jointing Grading.
- Cable-Jointing Standards and Technical Requirements
- SESCo's Electrical Safety Rules and Procedures
- Cable Components
- Cable Preparation for 11kV XLPE 95 sq mm/3C Cable
- Cable Jointing Procedures for 11kV Straight-Through Joint on XLPE Cable - Heat
- Shrink and Tapping/Resin Injected Technique
- Crimping Ferrules and Lugs
- Stress Control in Polymeric Cable Joints and Terminations
- Cable Testing Requirements
Conveyed through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations and hands-on practical sessions.
TARGET GROUPS :
Technicians with at least 5 years experience in underground cable works.
LEADER / COORDINATOR :
OPTIMAL NO OF PARTICIPANTS :