11KV SWITCHING REQUIREMENTS COURSE
TRAINING CODE :
This course aims to upgrade the knowledge and skills of participants with regards to the operation, control and protection of distribution substations, switchgears and transformers. This course also serves as the qualifying assessment for the application of the 11kV switching authorisation.
- The Electricity Rules, 1999 and SESCo Electrical Safety Rules & OSHA Act 1994
- Various Configurations of Substations and Network Systems
- Functions & Operation of HV Apparatus
- Fuse Protection for Distribution Transformer
- Current Carrying Capacity of HV Cable and Overhead Lines
- Labeling and Nomenclature of Switchgear
- Protection & Relaying in a Distribution System
- Testing of HV Equipment
- HV Faults and Preventive Measures
- Roles and Responsibilities of Switching Personnel
- Switching on HV Apparatus and Preparation of a Switching Programme
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Conveyed through lectures, group discussions, practical demonstrations and hands-on practical sessions.
TARGET GROUPS :
Switching personnel intending to apply for the 11kV switching authorisation.
LEADER / COORDINATOR :
Then Jung Seng
OPTIMAL NO OF PARTICIPANTS :